When you ring up an order in the Vin65 POS, the payment screen will have a new option/button to pay with terminal. This sends the order amount to the EMV device automatically. From there, the EMV device works it's magic and once the card is approved, it completed the order on the Vin65 POS automatically (just as if you swiped the credit card).
For detailed information and updates, check out the Vin65 documentation site.
Latest Update: September 30th, 2015
- Update: September 25th, 2015:
- Update: September 15th, 2015: A bunch of EMV updates this week as we get close to the Oct 1st 'deadline':
- Beta Testing: You can have an EMV device set up in your tasting room on/before Oct 1st, 2015.
- Webinar: Brent from Vin65 hosted an EMV webinar. You can view it by clicking the play button on the top of this page (on the EMV banner).
- Costs: Costs for hardware will range from $180 to $500 depending on the device. There will be a nominal monthly fee per device that will be billed directly by Vin65.
- Hardware: All devices need to be purchased through Vin65's vendor, Change Merchant Solutions. Vin65 will only be connecting to devices that already support EMV (many devices are EMV 'capable' which means at some point down the road they will support EMV but they currently don't support EMV card processing - so don't be fooled by all the devices out there).
- Misc: Each hardware device is injected with a unique key during the ordering/set-up phase. If you switch merchant processors, you will need to buy all new hardware.
- Update: September 9th, 2015: The 'external' payment type, for Option 2 listed above, is close. We're finishing up with the final payment gateway (eWay in Australia) before it's finished. Initial beta testing hardware has been selected (all wired solutions) and we're ready to beta test.
- Update: August 21st, 2015: Testing continues with additional EMV hardware devices. The 'external' payment type, for Option 2 listed above, will not launch on Aug. 24th (due to complications with several payment gateway integrations). Additional testing is required and the ETA is now the end of August to early September.
- Update: August 12th, 2015: Vin65 has outlined the two options available for clients listed above. The 'I Need It Now' and 'Vin65 Recommended' options will provide wineries with a choice to get EMV ready by/before Oct. 1st.
- Update: August 4th, 2015: Vin65 is currently working with a vendor to get the required hardware to build to their the SDKs.
- Update: July 1st, 2015: USAePay has been selected at the preferred gateway vendor for the initial EMV integration. We're currently still exploring details.