What's wrong with wine on the web?
I agree with most of the suggestions in the article. Over the last few months we have been asked similar questions about what makes a website successful. If you asked for my personal top 5 recommendations for a wine store wanting to do ecommerce on the web...
- The most important factor online is user experience. How your website feels and operates will directly affect how much you sell.
- Provide a true e-commerce experience using a platform dedicated to wine sales (our platform, Inertia Beverage, Beverage Media, etc).
- Have a well defined information architecture, intuitive navigation, and clearly labeled categories and products.
- Focus attention on your products by keeping distractions to a minimum.
- Build trust and credibility. Providing highly visible support options, shipping policies, privacy policies, and phone numbers will also build trust.